Star Trek Into Darkness is a thoroughly entertaining movie, featuring a breakneck pace, plenty of action, a few thinly disguised plot twists and enough room for some character and thematic development on the side. It’s obvious that director J.J. Abrams sits comfortably in the Captain’s Chair of summer blockbusters. And on the whole, Into Darkness is a tighter, more complete overall production than 2009’s Star Trek. However, its success will depend on how well it anticipates and subverts audience expectations.
Filed under: Star Trek
- Star Trek (2009) – Film Review
- Star Trek To Be Released As IMAX Movie
- Star Trek Generations » Review
- Star Trek: First Contact » Review
- Star Trek: The Motion Picture
- 1.11 – The Menagerie, Part I – Star Trek Review
- The Hobbit Movie … it’s official!
- 2.26 – Assignment: Earth – Star Trek Review
- Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan – Film Review
- Star Trek Nemesis – Review